Monday 12 April 2010

Challenge time...

This month the challenge over at Sarah's Cards was a little bit different. Rather than having a sketch, the challenge was to use up old stash.

Sounds simple enough right?? Well... it's taken me up til the last day before the challenge to get around to doing my layout! What can I say, it totally threw me!

I guess I'm the kind of scrapbooker who gets all excited about new stash. When I sit down to start a layout I tend to pull out my most recent deliveries and work from those boxes.

Don't get me wrong... I have loads of old stash. Stuff that I keep tucked away because 'one day' I'll get around to using it. But in reality, I tend not to go through it very often. Maybe that's why I struggled with this challenge.

But... I have completed a layout. And I'm actually really pleased with it! So this challege must have done me good! :-)


The only thing that's new about this layout is the cardstock, because that isn't something I keep piles of... I tend to buy it and use it up fairly fast.

The patterned paper is a piece of Imaginisce 'Twitterpated' that I've had for a long time. I cut the little butterfly and bumble bee out from the reverse side. The leaves on the flowers are cut from a sheet of Papermania 'Secret Garden'... which being honest I never thought I'd use.

The chipboard piece I used for the sun is by Cherry Arte, that I bought on a whim when they were on sale ages back! The thickers are again something I bought on sale, and I have loads of sheets with just the odd remaining letters on. I'm working my way through them bit by bit.

The mini alphas are Doodlebug Design and the ribbon and buttons are just from my pile of stash, but I think the ric-rac and buttons are Doodlebug too. Even the photos are ones I've had around for a while in my to-be-scrapped pile!

So glad that I didn't shy away from this challenge! Thanks for looking. x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely page Kirsty :) There's nothing like a challenging challenge lol! Thanks for playing along with us at Sarah's Cards :) xx

    ReplyDelete