Monday 1 February 2010

Filth, muck, embarassment and birthday creations...

Today I managed to get totally filthy, freeze my butt off, almost put my back out and get laughed at by big burly men all at the same time! Quite an achievement I think! :-)

I went to the tip to dispose of the bags of rubble, plasterboard pieces and all variety of other rubbish that has accumulated whilst renovating our house. (This renovation began when we bought the house in June '08 and there is no end date on the horizon. I'm talking years rather than weeks or months. It's a 'project'!)

I must have looked quite the sight, struggling to lift heavy bags high enough over the skip to tip the contents out, with mud all down the front of me, my knees being used to help out my arms that were woefully inadequate to lift the bags by themselves... I have no upper body strength. The group of men who work at the tip... big, macho, burly men... appeared to find me highly amusing! To give them their due they did come over and help once they'd had enough of a laugh. *Sigh*.
Anyway... I thought today I would put up a couple of layouts to share that I made on my birthday last week. I spent the day with my lovely friend Helen, who likes to make cards. We took over the dining room table, with Helen on one side churning out cards and me scrapping away on the other side. It was a lovely way to spend my day and I managed three layouts... the entry for the Sarah's Cards sketch challenge that I've posted, and these two;

This layout is about my friend Gwen, who is Welsh. I never get tired of hearing her speak in Welsh... it amuses me so much... speaking another language is waaaay beyond my capabilities! When she last visited she was on the phone to her mum, chatting away. Our other friend Katie and I decided to snap some photos of her, giggling away as we did so. Then we heard...

"welsh welsh welsh welsh
LOSERS welsh welsh".

We almost fell off our chairs laughing. I guess we are kinda losers to be so easily amused!


This other layout is one I can't decide if I'm pleased with or not? Maybe it will grow on me....


Thanks for looking! x

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts Kirsty! And it has taken me and my husband six years (so far) to do our house up, the thing to do is not worry about the mess, but you can always get good photo's of the 'before and after'.

    ReplyDelete