Wednesday 17 February 2010

Fun with fabric!

So... as I mentioned a few posts back I took a trip to the local fabric store and had lots of fun picking out pretty things. The purpose of this was to get me using the mini sewing machine I got for Christmas from my god-mother.

Finally yesterday I got some time to get going and I created the following...


This one is based on a little leaflet I picked up in Hobbycraft. I'm not too keen on the white material behind the thick red ribbon, so I think I'm gonna use something else when I make another one... and I'm also going to try and make it a little less wonky! :-)



These two are for my little step-daughter Scarlett who is 8. She's in a bit of a rock chick phase, hence pink, black and skulls! They're a bit creased looking in the photos, because I finished them last night and she insisted on sleeping on them straight away!

Also, apologies for the rubbish photos. I had to take them on my phone because... gulp... my camera is broken! Sob! I'm a little distraught about this, especially since I've only had it just over a year. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon as possible... don't know how long I can go without my camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment