Saturday 6 February 2010

Shopping spree!

Well.... spree might be a little excessive. I've been shopping though! :-) The one truly guarunteed way to put a big huge smile on my face... let me loose in a craft shop!

There aren't many shops nearby to me so I tend to get most stuff I need ('cos I don't just want it... I really need it!) online. However I had some birthday money left over so headed to Hobbycraft. I bought this...



...isn't it lovely! I've been after a scalloped border punch for a while now as I love the effect, but every time I place an online order I get distracted by pretty patterned paper! And by filling my online basket with paper I hit my self imposed spending limit and don't order my scalloped border punch! But now I have one... and I love it!

I also bought these...


I wanted some greetings so I can have another go at card making. I haven't made cards for quite a while... I think about three Christmasses ago was my last attempt. However I've been inspired partly by my friend Helen, who makes fabulous cards, and partly by a blog I've been following... http://jennifermcguireink.com/.
So... I'm working on some cards, and also delving into the pile of stamps I have but very rarely use. I'll update soon on how this little venture goes!
I've also been today to the fabric shop to get some materials for another little project I want to try. I'm not usually one for textiles either, but I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I guess at the moment I must be in the mood to try new things! Again, I'll update soon on this!
The only problem now is finding time around work and the rest of my life to fit in some crafting! Oh what a dilema! :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment